I'm standing for Wellington's mayoralty in this year's Local Body elections on October 8.
If elected, I will:
- Freeze rates at inflation, but protect core services: libraries, community services and swimming pools – NOT professional sport.
- Fix our traffic congestion by working with central government to deliver more high-quality roading solutions (like the Arras Tunnel).
- Champion economic growth by cutting Council red tape and working with our universities to tackle the student housing crisis.
- Stop Council’s secret spending. I’ll scrap the unaccountable slush funds that are frittering away our rates on corporate welfare.
- Get a fair deal on the runway extension. Infratil owns 66% of our airport, so should pay its fair share to build a longer runway – rather than rely on ratepayers to put up the bulk of the money.